Invisalign: The Invisible Choice for Straight Teeth
What are Invisalign braces, and how do they work?
If you have crooked teeth, you have probably pondered the idea of orthodontics to get them straightened. But you have probably also worried about traditional braces, fearing the time commitment and dedication required. The truth is there are a lot of misconceptions about Invisalign, and many think it only works if your teeth are just a bit crooked. But Invisalign is more than just a retainer, and it can straighten your teeth, regardless of how crooked they are, without the hassle and long-term commitment of traditional metal braces.
While Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that realigns your teeth like metal braces, but it works a bit differently. Invisalign leverages clear aligners created from computer-generated images and impressions of your mouth. Whereas traditional braces use fixed wires that shift your teeth by pulling/pushing them into alignment, Invisalign aligns your teeth through a series of molds that maneuver your teeth into their new and much-improved position.
How long does it take to complete treatment?
Invisalign treatment can take anywhere from six months to two years. The length of time can vary based on your individual needs and the crookedness of your teeth. But more specifically, your Invisalign treatment time will vary based on the following:
- Your age
- Your adherence to the treatment plan
- Regular follow-ups with your dental provider
- The spacing or crowding issues you start with
What are the benefits of Invisalign over braces?
Invisalign is the only orthodontic option that’s free of brackets and wires. It allows you to work, eat, and participate in social situations without the fear of others noticing your braces. But there are other benefits too.
- Comfort: Because your Invisalign braces are free from pesky wires that seem to poke in all the wrong places, you’ll find them far more comfortable than traditional metal braces.
- Improved cleanliness: Your clear aligners can be removed when it is time to eat and brush your teeth, meaning you can keep your mouth and aligners clean and free from debris.
- Saves time: Clear aligners only need to be maintained every six weeks on average.
- Safe and removable: As we said before, clear aligners can be removed when it is time to eat or brush your teeth. Not only that, but you can remove them when playing sports too, making them very convenient.
- Less food and beverage limitations: Though we always suggest our patients stick to a diet of tooth-friendly foods, Invisalign has far fewer food limitations than traditional metal braces.
- Better dental health: Straight teeth help you maintain a cleaner mouth, which positively impacts your gums and dental health.
Who is a good candidate for Invisalign clear aligners?
Good candidates for Invisalign are those who have the discipline to wear their clear aligners as directed throughout the duration of treatment. Though your aligners can be removed for eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth, they should be worn at least 22 hours per day. Further, if you want your braces to be discreet, these clear braces are likely a great choice.
However, if you have existing bridgework, need treatment for your bite on your back teeth, or have teeth that need to be moved vertically, then traditional braces may be a better option for you.
What is the cost for Invisalign treatment?
It’s only natural to wonder how much Invisalign costs, but the truth is several factors play a role in how much you might pay for orthodontic work like Invisalign. Though there may be others, the most common factors include:
- Your individual oral health needs and how much work you need done
- Where you live and the average prices for related services in your area
- Labor rates for your dentist or orthodontist
- The amount of orthodontic coverage offered by your insurance company
Though the Invisalign website will offer various average pricing for their clear aligners, the best way to get accurate pricing is to consult your dentist. If you have very crooked teeth or an overbite, you can assume it will require more time to move your teeth into the ideal position slowly. This will play an essential role in the cost of your clear braces.
Interested in Invisalign in Flower Mound, TX?
If you have been searching for a dentist in Flower Mound, TX, with experience in clear aligners, then you have come to the right place. At River Walk Dental, we offer a full range of orthodontic treatments in Flower Mound. After an orthodontic consultation with Dr. Sonal Naik, you can get the care you need to straighten your smile and resolve issues like bite problems, gaps between your teeth, crooked and crowded teeth, and much more. Contact us now and book an appointment to get started.